Thursday, December 04, 2008

Milk


I've been busy expressing and storing mik for George to drink while I'm away in Canada for five days next week. There should be enough there - I've allowed for 750ml per day, which is apparently what babies drink, according to kellymom.com, my breastfeeding bible. I'm part nervous and part excited about going, both about leaving my children and about making an appropriate contribution to the forum. I also intend on expressing milk every four hours while I'm away, so that I can continue breastfeeding when I return, assuming George will still have me!

Ewan has taken the week off to care for the kids, but George still refuses to sleep more than 2 hours at a time, and I've been doing all the night time parenting up until now, so things won't be easy. George also continues to be unsettled for several hours in the early evening, and again in the early pre-dawn morning. That said, my Dad and his wonderful partner Julie are coming for the week to help out, so at least I know there will be plenty of cuddles to go around, which along with some patience and kindness, is all that is really required.

2 comments:

Erica said...

great photo, Sharen, of all your mil in the freezer! I am thinking of you lots in anticipation for your trip. Let me knows how it all goes. Noah's brother's girlfriend Kylie is due to have her baby any time now, so there will be 3 cousins on the farm! love, Erica xoxo.

Erica said...

oops - I meant MILK!